For years the orthopedic industry has faced the problem of having excess inventory in hospitals and sales representative trunk stock. One of the reasons this problem has only just started to be addressed was that no one knew what to do with product once it was returns.
LSO set out to solve this problem through its Decontamination and Returns Processing service. Our unique capabilities and strategic location allow us to decontaminate via autoclave, inspect, repack and redeploy product returns quickly and inexpensively. The program allows our clients to maximize value from underused inventory while increasing responsiveness to their sales representatives.
We provide this service to companies of all sizes who are looking to reduce field inventory and save money.
In addition to ISO 13485 (Quality Management System Guidelines), some of the relevant standards LSO follows are:
- OSHA Regulations (1910.1030) – Employee Safety & Exposure Control Plan
- ISO 17665-1:2006 – Moist Heat/Steam Sterilization)
- ISO 11137-1:2012 – Radiation/Gamma Ray Sterilization)
- ISO 11135-1:2007 – Ethylene Oxide Sterilization
- ISO 25424:2009 – Low temperature steam and formaldehyde method
- ISO 15882:2008 – Guidance on Chemical indicators during Sterilization